Fort Worth Texas dot Com
Fort Worth is the sixth-largest city in the state of Texas, located about 30 miles west of Dallas on the West Fork Trinity River and forming part of the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. As of the 2000 census, the city had a total population of 534,694. It is the county seat of Tarrant County.
Fort Worth started out as a military camp in 1849, named after General William Jenkins Worth, during the closure of the Mexican-American War. It was established to protect 19th century settlers from Indian attacks. The fort then became a bustling town when it became a stop along the legendary Chisholm Trail, the dusty path where millions of cattle were driven North to market. Fort Worth became the center of the cattle drives, and later, the ranching industry.
The hey day of the cattle drives was the wild era of "Hell's Half Acre," an area of town filled with gambling parlors, saloons, and dance halls. Later, the railroad transformed the Fort Worth Stockyards into a premier livestock center. When oil began to gush in West Texas, Fort Worth was at the center of the wheeling and dealing.
Fort Worth is portrayed as more old-fashioned and laid-back than Dallas. Known as "Cowtown" for its rough-and-rowdy roots, Fort Worth still celebrates its colorful Western heritage today.
The information above was stolen From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
This location is intended as an informational, educational, promotional, advertising, and commercial location with the Ft. Worth Texas area in mind. A concentration on aviation and related businesses is intended. Now in co-operation with FTWHost.net FTWTEXAS is pleased to be able to bring you several Ft. Worth and Dallas located On-Line Stores!
Founded by a Native Texan and a Ft. Worth resident with a desire to present Ft. Worth's best. There are ties to organizations, businesses, aviation, attractions, and services through out the site. You are always welcome and we hope you come back often to see the development of FTWTEXAS.
By way of information FTW is the airport identifier for Ft. Worth's Meacham Airport. Most of you are familiar with DFW, the main airport serving the area, but to find out more about the airports and aviation in Ft. Worth and Dallas visit the Aviation pages.
Thanks for stopping by and be sure ya'all come back now!
- Violence-weary Missouri town sees second night of calm
- Ukraine: Russian aid convoy is a 'direct invasion'
- Philippines makes arrests in online extortion ring
- Ukraine's Security Service chief calls movement of the Russian aid convoy a "direct invasion"
- Rosberg pips Hamilton in Spa opening practice
- Ukraine says Russian truck movement represents 'direct invasion' by Russia
- Hamas kills 11 suspected informers for Israel
- Russia, in sanctions retaliation, bars entry to some Japanese citizens
- Mine collapse in Central African Republic kills 25
- 2 French teen girls probed as would-be jihadis