Search RSS Feeds
- Luongo gets shutout, 2-0 over Buffalo
- SUNRISE, Fla. (AP) — Roberto Luongo made 25 saves in his return to Florida, while Dmitry Kulikov and Jesse Winchester each scored power-play goals to lead the Panthers over the Buffalo Sabres 2-0 on Friday night.
- Rondo's 20 points lead Celtics over Nets 91-84
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) — A Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777-200 carrying 239 people lost contact with air traffic control early Saturday morning on a flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing, and international aviation authorities still hadn't located the jetliner several hours later.
- Producer of early Grammy, NFL telecasts dead at 93
- Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people
By Stuart Grudgings KUALA LUMPUR (Reuters) - A Malaysia Airlines flight carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing lost contact with air traffic controllers early on Saturday, the airline said in a statement, the plane likely missing in Vietnamese airspace. Flight MH370, operating a Boeing B777-200 aircraft left Kuala Lumpur at 12.21 a.m. (11.21 a.m. ET Friday) and had been expected to land in the Chinese capital at 6.30 a.m. (5.30 p.m. ET) the same day. "We deeply regret that we have lost all contacts with flight MH370," Malaysia Airlines Chief Executive Ahmad Jauhari Yahya said in a statement. "Malaysia Airlines is currently working with the authorities who have activated their search-and-rescue teams to locate the aircraft," it said.
- Barcelona target top spot ahead of City return
Barcelona could be boosted by a return to the top of La Liga just three days before they host Manchester City in the Champions League with a win away to Valladolid on Saturday. The Catalans trail leaders Real Madrid by a point, but with Los Blancos not in action until Sunday evening when they host Levante, Barca can retake top spot for at least 24 hours.
- China calls for calm and restraint in Ukraine crisis
- BEIJING (Reuters) - Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi called on Saturday for calm and restraint in dealing with the crisis over Ukraine. Wang, speaking at his annual news conference, said that the issue should be resolved via talks and political means. (Reporting by Michael Martina; Writing by Ben Blanchard)
- China in $22.98 bn trade deficit in February
China went into an unexpected trade deficit of $22.98 billion in February, official figures showed Saturday. The figure compared with a surplus of $14.8 billion in the same month last year, and a median forecast of an $11.9 billion surplus in a poll of 13 economists by Dow Jones Newswires. Exports fell 18.1 percent to $114.10 billion, while imports were up 10.1 percent to $137.08 billion during the month, which included most of the Lunar New Year holiday, the General Administration of Customs said. In the first two months of the year, China's exports were down 1.6 percent year-on-year to $321.23 billion and imports rose 10 percent to $312.34 billion, it said.
- Joey Logano wins NASCAR pole in Las Vegas
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Joey Logano believes two facts are abundantly clear after he emerged from the organized chaos of NASCAR's first three-round knockout qualifying session Friday with the pole position at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
- Djokovic looking to jump-start stuttering season
Indian Wells (United States) (AFP) - A stuttering start to 2014 doesn't have world number two Novak Djokovic pushing the panic button just yet. The Serbian star admits his failure to win a fourth straight Australian Open crown in January gave his early 2014 campaign a different flavor. "It's a different feel, definitely," said Djokovic, who will launch his campaign at the Indian Wells ATP Masters this weekend against Romanian Victor Hanescu. "I won the Australian Open title three consecutive years, and that has significantly affected the confidence level in the start of the season and all the tournaments that were following up.
From Yahoo News