Search RSS Feeds
- Congress can block use of fees for immigration overhaul: memo
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Congress can block President Barack Obama from using federal immigration fees to issue permits for millions of undocumented immigrants to stay and work in the United States, according to a congressional research memo released on Wednesday. The memo from the non-partisan Congressional Research Service to Republican Senator Jeff Sessions could provide a boost to him and other conservatives who are pushing for a December budget confrontation with Obama to try to stop his executive order overhauling the U.S. immigration system. ...
- Boy's family: Cleveland officers reacted quickly
CLEVELAND (AP) — The family of a 12-year-old Cleveland boy fatally shot by a police officer responding to a call about someone with a gun says police acted too quickly and his death could've been avoided.
- AP source: Tomas in process of deal with Arizona
- Snow makes Thanksgiving travel 'a little hairy'
MINEOLA, N.Y. (AP) — A sloppy mix of rain and snow rolled into the Northeast on Wednesday just as millions of Americans began the big Thanksgiving getaway, grounding hundreds of flights and turning highways hazardous along the congested Washington-to-Boston corridor.
- Mandolinist Thile to guest host 'Prairie Home'
- ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — Host Garrison Keillor plans to stay home and listen to "A Prairie Home Companion" on the radio for a couple of shows this winter.
- Arsenal in 15th straight Champions knockout round
Arsenal reached the knockout stage of the Champions League for the 15th straight season with a 2-0 win over Borussia Dortmund on Wednesday night, and Liverpool put itself in position to advance if it wins at home over Basel next month.
- Cosby testimony describes accuser's spiked story
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Bill Cosby testified under oath in 2005 that he gave the National Enquirer an exclusive interview about looming sexual-assault accusations by a Canadian woman against him in exchange for the tabloid spiking a second accuser's story.
- Houston's Fitzpatrick to start for injured Mallett
- Two FBI agents shot at house near St. Louis, suspect dead
FERGUSON, Mo. (Reuters) - Two FBI agents were shot and wounded at a house in north St. Louis County early on Wednesday and the suspect was dead in an incident not related to the racially charged unrest around nearby Ferguson, officials said. The agents, one of whom was shot in the shoulder and the other who was shot in the leg, were helping local police try to arrest 33-year-old Major Washington, a suspect in a shooting on Monday night in which Washington's mother was killed and a police officer was shot in the chest, the University City Police Department said. ...
- 2 FBI agents, police officer shot; suspect dead
- UNIVERSITY CITY, Mo. (AP) — A man who fatally shot his mother and wounded a suburban St. Louis police officer and two FBI agents is dead, authorities said Wednesday.
From Yahoo News