Search RSS Feeds
- Huge tornado hits Oklahoma City suburb, kills 51
MOORE, Okla. (AP) — A monstrous tornado at least a half-mile wide roared through the Oklahoma City suburbs Monday, flattening entire neighborhoods and destroying an elementary school with a direct blow as children and teachers huddled against winds up to 200 mph. At least 51 people were killed, including at least 20 children, and officials said the death toll was expected to rise.
- Marquis wins 5th straight, Padres beat Cards 4-2
- 51 killed in Okla. tornado; toll expected to rise
- MOORE, Okla. (AP) — The Oklahoma Medical Examiner's Office says the official death toll in the aftermath of a massive tornado that slammed the Oklahoma City area remains at 51 but is expected to rise.
- Giants RHP Vogelsong breaks hand, out 4-6 weeks
- Factbox: Yahoo's acquisitions: from Geocities to Tumblr
- SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Yahoo Inc announced on Monday it would shell out $1.1 billion to buy blogging service Tumblr, in a bid to revitalize its brand and attract a younger generation of users. Yahoo has been criticized for making big acquisitions that have not always reaped lasting returns. Under CEO Marissa Mayer, the Internet search company has snapped up numerous small startups in recent months, hoping to gain an edge in mobile, bring new talent on board and improve existing services. ...
- Oil price rises to near $97 per barrel
- BANGKOK (AP) — The price of oil rose toward $97 per barrel Tuesday, but gains were checked as investors waited for the Federal Reserve's latest views on the U.S. economy.
- Israel fires back at Syria after gunshots at its troops
JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israeli troops shot at a target across the Syrian frontier on Tuesday in response to gunfire that struck its forces in the Golan Heights, the Israeli military said. A statement said a military vehicle was damaged by shots fired from Syria but that there were no injuries. It said that soldiers "returned precise fire". Gunfire incidents across the frontier from Syria have recurred in past months during an escalating a civil war there in which rebels have sought to topple President Bashar al-Assad. ...
- Giants' Vogelsong wins at last but injures hand
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Ryan Vogelsong broke his throwing hand on a swing after pitching himself toward his first win in seven starts, and the San Francisco Giants returned from a terrible road trip to beat the Washington Nationals 8-0 on Monday night.
- Asia stocks fall ahead of Fed statements
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
The massive tornado that ripped through a handful of Oklahoma City suburbs and killed at least 50 people grabbed the attention of the sports world on Monday, especially the players and coaches with ties to the area.
From Yahoo News