Search RSS Feeds
- Wyoming cave with fossil secrets to be excavated
CHEYENNE, Wyo. (AP) — For the first time in more than 30 years, paleontologists are preparing excavate a sinkhole-type cave in northern Wyoming that contains the ancient remains of tens of thousands of animals.
- Israeli minister: Gaza truce unlikely 'in coming days'
- JERUSALEM (Reuters) - A Gaza truce involving a withdrawal of Israeli ground forces from the Palestinian territory would be unlikely before next week, an Israeli cabinet minister said on Thursday. "I do not see a ceasefire in the coming days where the IDF (Israel Defence Forces) leave," Science Minister Yaakov Peri, a former security chief, told the Walla news site, adding that troops needed more time to complete their mission of destroying cross-border tunnels used by Gaza guerrillas. "I can say authoritatively that two or three days will not be enough to finish tackling the tunnels. ...
- Gang violence, fears for children fuel rush to US
- LOS ANGELES (AP) — Many immigrants flooding across the southern border of the U.S. say they're fleeing violent gangs in Central America.
- Calif. wine collector set for sentencing in NY
- NEW YORK (AP) — A California wine collector faces sentencing in New York after he was convicted of making up to $20 million from 2004 to 2012 by selling bogus bottles of wine.
- 12 children, man die in train-bus crash in India
- NEW DELHI (AP) — Twelve children were killed Thursday when a train crashed into their school bus at an unmanned railroad crossing in southern India, police said.
- Prayers for man who died in NY police custody
NEW YORK (AP) — Gospel music mixed with cries of grief at a Brooklyn church filled to overflowing with mourners for the funeral of a man who died in police custody after an officer placed him in an apparent chokehold, and his family was scheduled to meet with federal prosecutors in efforts to get a civil rights probe of his death.
- Swiss drug maker Roche posts 7 percent profit drop
- GENEVA (AP) — Swiss drugmaker Roche Holding AG has posted a net profit drop of 7 percent compared with a year ago, weighed down by a strong Swiss franc and charges from one of its diagnostic units.
- Gaza fighting rages amid cease-fire bid
- Boss of company in China meat scandal apologizes
- Surgeons remove 232 teeth from Indian teenager
Ashik Gavai, 17, sought medical help for a swelling on the right side of his lower jaw and the case was referred to the city's JJ Hospital, where they found he was suffering from a condition known as complex odontoma, head of dentistry Sunanda Dhivare-Palwankar told AFP. The youngster's father, Suresh Gavai, said that the family had been worried that Ashik's swelling was a cancerous growth. "I was worried that it may turn out to be cancer so I brought him to Mumbai," Gavai told the Mumbai Mirror newspaper. "I think it could be a world record," she said.
From Yahoo News