Search RSS Feeds
- Michelle Obama rallies voters in Iowa, Minnesota
- MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — First lady Michelle Obama is calling on the young and minority voters who powered her husband's rise to president to help re-elect Democrats in Minnesota.
- NBC cameraman recovers from Ebola: US hospital
- Britain to tighten charities laws to tackle terrorism funding
LONDON (Reuters) - Prime Minister David Cameron will announce plans on Wednesday to tighten the law to help stop charities being used as a front to raise funds for terrorist groups. Several individuals convicted of terrorism offences in Britain had raised funds in public, purportedly for charitable purposes, the majority of which the charities never received, the government said. Three British Islamists jailed last year for planning mass suicide attacks had tried to fund their plot by posing as street collectors for the Muslim Aid charity organisation, raising 12,000 pounds. ...
- $8M for 88 victims of abuse by Franciscan friar
- PITTSBURGH (AP) — Eighty-eight former students who were sexually molested by a Franciscan friar who worked as an athletic trainer at a Catholic high school have settled their legal claims for $8 million, according to two attorneys who represent more than half the victims.
- Terrorist ideology blamed in Canada car attack
SAINT-JEAN-SUR-RICHELIEU, Quebec (AP) — A young convert to Islam who killed a Canadian soldier in a hit-and-run had been on the radar of federal investigators, who feared he had jihadist ambitions and seized his passport when he tried to travel to Turkey, authorities said Tuesday.
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through five airports
By Jeffrey Dastin NEW YORK (Reuters) - The United States ratcheted up its safeguards against Ebola on Tuesday, requiring travelers from three countries at the center of an epidemic in West Africa to fly into one of five major airports conducting enhanced screening for the virus. The restrictions on passengers whose trips originated in Liberia, Sierra Leone or Guinea were announced by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and were set to go into effect on Wednesday. The precautions stop well short of the travel ban sought by some U.S. ...
- Game 2 starters Ventura, Peavy study in contrasts
- Actress Daniele Watts charged with lewd conduct
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Actress Daniele Watts, who suggested she was detained by police because of racial profiling after she was found in a parked car with her boyfriend, was charged Tuesday with lewd conduct.
- Islamic State onslaught on Yazidis may be attempted genocide: U.N.
- UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - The campaign of Islamic State militants against Iraq's Yazidi minority may be attempted genocide, U.N. Assistant Secretary-General for human rights Ivan Simonovic said on Tuesday. "Facts are indicating that actions against Yazidis may amount to attempted genocide," he told a small group of reporters at the United Nations after returning from a recent visit to Iraq. ...
- Jurors given conflicting views of Jodi Arias
From Yahoo News